People overreact.
Seriously, it's amazing how the littlest things can become the biggest problem! And I know I've been one to overreact so I'm not saying I'm some expert on it. I just have had a lot of situations come to my attention recently that are being blown way out of proportion. But luckily I'm able to stay out of it all. I've had plenty of opportunities to say my mind but I don't think it's worth it. There are some people that are so dominant and think things always have to go their way that my opinion wouldn't even register to them. So I leave it alone and they can be angry or upset or whatever is their problem. They are the only ones who can choose how to feel and act.
Also- people need to learn to let go of grudges. Life isn't worth living if you're mad all the time. I mean really, who wants to be mad? And who wants to be around you if you're mad?
No one.
So get over it and be happy! :)
I love finding simple things that bring joy to life. Yesterday as I was walking to class, I saw a girl kicking a pine cone. Normally this wouldn't be anything to be happy about, but she had this grin on her face every time she kicked it. I could just tell that she was really enjoying kicking a pine cone. There wasn't anything special about it but the fact that she was having fun.
And it was only a pine cone.
The weather has been a lot warmer this week and I love it. It feels so good to get in my car and have it heated by the sun. I sat in my car and ate my lunch before heading into work to just feel the warmth of the sun. It was wonderful. Now I know I can't get my hopes up, because let's face it, I live in Logan Utah. It can be sunny one minute and snowing the next. But at least I can be happy and enjoy it while I can.
Today is my Grandpa's birthday so I want to give a quick shout out to him. He is an amazing man and has taught me so much. If it wasn't for him (and my Grandma) I wouldn't be here today. Obviously. haha
But seriously, he is one of my biggest role models. I look up to him so much.
I love you Grandpa! Thanks for all you do for me!
"Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so."
-Robert G. Ingersoll
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment