Summer is coming to an end and I haven't blogged once. I have started many posts but get busy doing something else and then never come back to finish. And then it gets to the point where I feel like I have so much to blog about that it becomes overwhelming. I want to do a complete update on my life, but it would take too long. So I put it off for three months.
But lately there have been too many people talking about how keeping a journal is so important and since this blog is my way of keeping a journal, I finally have felt guilty about my lack of posting.
So here I am.
Since it has been three months, I will not go into details about my life.
I think a simple bullet list with suffice.
*I went to my first REAL game. Well technically my second, but the first time I went I had a backstage pass and was in a suite due to a friend of mine who performed after the game ended. So I didn't sit down and watch the game.
*I had a lot of friends get married. I went to five receptions in the month of June, three all landed in the same week. It was way fun to go to all those weddings and see how happy everyone was. It did make me jealous, and partly sad because my wedding would have fit in along with all of theirs. But oh well, my day will come soon enough. I'm not worried. For now I will just enjoy everyone else's weddings. I have a lot more to attend this month.
*My grandpa had open heart surgery. It was a very scary and stressful time. The surgery went well, but afterwards he had a hard time swallowing and everyday he became more frustrated that he had to stay in the hospital for so long. It was hard to see him like that. I love my grandpa so much and have always looked up to him. He has always been so strong that it was hard to see him weak. But he didn't give up and he is doing much better now. Grandpa, if you still take the time to read my blog, I just want to let you know how much I love you. You truly are the greatest role model I have. I am so blessed and honored to be your granddaughter! Thanks for everything you do for me. I love you!!
*I turned 22. It didn't phase me. When you get older, your birthday's become less and less exciting. It's just another day. All I did this year, was eat. I went out to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That was my day. Nothing super special, but I enjoyed the company I was with and that's all that matters.
*Trent and I became friends again. I was really scared to come home from school because I knew I would see Trent a lot due to the fact that we share the same friends. It was hard at first. I mean, obviously it wouldn't be easy to come home and hang out with the guy you were almost going to marry. But we talked one night and figured we weren't going to let it be hard. And surprisingly enough, things have been okay. It's not as hard anymore. We can be friends.
*There was a week in July that was pretty much family party week. Relatives came into town and so a lot of parties and celebrations happened. It didn't help that it was the week of the fourth of July. But I didn't mind. I love my family and always have fun seeing all my cousins.
*I started reading again. I had forgotten how much I love to get lost in a good story. I just read two books on my trip to Lake Powell and am obsessed. Too bad I'm back home and have work and other things to occupy my time again so I won't get to just sit and read all day. But I will make time for it.
Anyone have good suggestions?
*I have a real job now. I work between 30 to 40 hours a week. I work in accounting at Valet Auto Body in Draper. I love it there. The people I work with are way nice and friendly. It's like one big family. And even though it is still hard to realize that this is my life, that all I'm going to be doing now is working all the time, I just remember the money. It feels sooo nice to get a paycheck every two weeks and realize this money doesn't have to just disappear into tuition or textbooks. Sure it will now go towards buying a car and saving for future expenses and what not, but that stuff is still better than school :)
*I went on two vacations all summer- to Minnesota and Lake Powell. Best two weeks of my life. But I will post more about them later. I feel they deserve their own blog post.
And now that I've given a run down of my summer, here are just a few pictures I managed to take.
REAL game
I got a bullet bike! Hah just kidding, it belongs to a friend of mine. But don't I look like a natural on it? ;)
The happy couple! I still can't believe Soup is married.. but I'm so happy for him! Congrats Soup and Lucie!
Nick and I at Soup's wedding
I love all these boys.
The two aces- Pace and Jace
Liz and I. Love her.
I don't even know if I have words to describe this picture. It just makes me happy.
All decked out in red white and blue for the Murray fourth of July parade!
Isn't he the cutest?
I thought it was funny that a camel was in the parade.. so I had to take a pic.
Chan and I dying of heat but still enjoying the parade
All the girls
One day these two will realize they are meant for each other.. :)
I love these girls.
We had some fun rocking out with the windows rolled down
Got new glasses that will last two months and then won't have any use because I'm getting lasik in September!
I got my diploma in the mail! Now it's really official. It's just sad that so much time and money went in to receiving that one piece of paper..
And lastly I thought I'd add this video just for fun. We had to mow a church one day this summer and as we were mowing, it started to rain. But we couldn't let the job go half done, so we stuck it out. By the end of the day, I was soaked and covered in grass. So when we got home, I let Christal spray me down..
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment