Well summer is now over and it's time for school! I'm a little torn about coming back to school. I'm excited to finally have something to keep me busy because I did start to get bored of having nothing to do at home. I'm also excited about not being a freshman anymore! The night I got up here, I went to this dance party and you could easily pick out the freshman from the rest. I took one look at them and now know how stupid I must've looked last year. The only thing I'm not so excited about is the actual school work part. I've decided to try out the accounting major which is a little scary. Hopefully it works out though and doesn't just kill me with the workload.
I moved up to Logan on Saturday and packed my whole life into one car like always. I don't have very much stuff so it's not too hard to fit everything. I am lucky to have very generous cousins that are allowing me to live with them in their basement seeing as how I decided to come back to school on very short notice and then finding housing would've been very hard. But Jeff and Marci went all out in preparing my room which I love!
They've made me feel very welcome and at home. I was a little nervous at first that I was intruding on their space, but they've made it so I feel comfortable here. Their kids have been very welcoming too. From the moment I walked in the door they all were so excited and couldn't wait to show me around the house. They always come into my room just laughing and wanting to play and have fun. It's a good time.
I do feel a little cut off from the college life because all my friends live very close to each other and right by campus so I'm far away from all of them. I'm used to that sort of thing though seeing as the past two years I've lived in Murray while all my best friends lived in Holladay, a good 15 minutes from my home, so it's all good.
I'm now just excited to see what this new year of college will bring me!
No comments:
Post a Comment