I've never really had someone use a pick up line on me. If they have, it's been in a joking manner and we both laugh about it. But Sunday I got to experience someone who used one being totally serious. I wanted to burst out laughing at him but didn't want to make the poor guy feel bad or get embarrassed. I mean first off I barely spoke one word to him- my name and then:
Guy: "I actually want to show you something. Is that ok?"
Me: "Who me?"
Guy: "Yeah."
Me: "Um sure..?"
Guy: *pulls out his phone* "I actually was hoping to show you your number in my phone."
bahahaha it really took a lot to not laugh! I mean really, who says that?! Hilarious!
Ok now for a quick weekend report since I struggle posting daily- which is something I wanted to start.. but obviously fail completely.
Thursday was Abbey's wedding. She looked beautiful. I really can't believe she is married now. Sooo weird. But I am very happy for her. :)

Friday was the Milne family 3rd annual camp out. We swim, roast mallows, do some fireworks and then camp out in our backyard. It's lots of fun. This year I actually left and slept out on State street with Heather, some of her friends, and an ex-boyfriends' family. It was a lot of fun and quite the experience with acting like I was 15 again, the cops getting involved because some kid kept driving by yelling at us so someone decided to call the cops on him, the sprinklers not getting turned off so no grass to sleep on, me having no trouble falling asleep on concrete, and then moving to the car because everyone else couldn't sleep on concrete.
Saturday was the parade and the first time (besides the times I was in the parade) that I wasn't with my family. I didn't like it. I had fun and all with the people I was with but it just wasn't the same. I love being with my nieces and nephews- it's the BEST watching them get so excited about the floats and especially the candy. So now I know never to leave my family again.
After the parade my family spent the afternoon out by the pool. Mmm so relaxing! But I had to cut my time short to go shower and get ready for a blind date. Marcie set me up with a friend of hers and I actually had a lot of fun. It was a little weird and I was shy and didn't talk much, but mostly because he talked to Marcie a lot about their childhood. But it was fun and we're gunna go out again sometime just the two of us so we can actually talk more and see if there is anything there.
Sunday was the great pick up line day. Oh man, gotta love those singles wards haha. But I celebrated the actual 4th of July at Stacey's house with a bunch of friends. We played Imagine If, roasted mallows, and then watched a movie. It was a lot of fun. I have some great friends!
Monday was another great day. I finally got to sleep in which felt great. Then I got to work in the garden for a bit followed by 3 hours laying out. Yeah.. kinda stupid because I definitely got burned but oh well, it already looks tan so I'm good with that! :)
I then had a date. And don't worry- I ran into my date from Saturday night, the awkward new friend I made the previous Monday, and a kid who I have heard really wants to ask me out. Hmm yep that was awkward. Ha but the date was actually a lot of fun! We went with his FHE and hiked donut falls which I have never done before and it was way cool. I can't believe I haven't ever been up there before! We then went to Leatherby's which is where we ran into my FHE and then finished the night at Stacey's and played a game of Loaded Questions. It was a fun successful date- save for those few awkward moments..










No comments:
Post a Comment