Fall break couldn't have come at a more perfect time for me. I definitely needed a break from school to forget all the stress and have some fun. I spent the break at home- shocker right? At first I thought I'd be with my family until I realized a couple days before that they were going to Lake Powell. I wasn't invited. I guess my family really does forget about me.. haha ok so not really. They just assumed I'd have school. I didn't mind anyways because I already had a couple dates lined up for the weekend and of course had lawns that needed mowing- money to be earned.
So I got home to an empty house Wednesday night which made it nice to have some peace and quiet. I made myself some dinner and then tried to get a hold of some friends to hang out. Chase ended up being the only at home and free to do something so we decided to go to a haunted house. Boy was that fun! I felt it was a lot scarier this year than last year and I'm also pretty sure that once again the guy I was with was more scared than me- which creates a whole new level of entertainment for me :) so it was hilarious.
After that we came back to my house and watched Date Night. That is a funny movie! I'll be honest in saying it wasn't as funny as I expected but I still enjoyed it.
Thursday came around and I decided to be super lazy all day. Tiff did stop by which allowed me to play with Quentin and then even get a chance to babysit him for the first time while she ran an errand. He is just the cutest thing! I can't believe how big he already is! We had a good time together- even though he pretty much slept the whole time.
Once they left I continued my super lazy day by listening to a book on tape- the Hungar Games series. (Rylee told me I had to read them even though I still haven't finished Work and the Glory and I must say I am loving them. I'd recommend them to anyone who loves to read). Later that night I went to my friend Karen's reception and got there right as she was leaving. Good timing I know. I was late only because I had to wait for Chase to get back from work. Who wants to go to a reception alone? Not me. I at least got to say hi, congrats and bye and that's all that matters right? We met up with Deedee and Michael who had been part of the wedding and waited for them to help clean up and then we were off to hang out at my house. Chase and I made a little pit stop at Smiths to buy some caramels to make caramel apples. But our little 5 minute stop turned into a lot longer. We got a little distracted by the masks..
We finally made it home and were joined by Michael Deedee and some other kid whose name I can't think of at the moment.. We made caramel apples and then had fun dancing around the kitchen and just hanging out.
I woke up Friday morning and decided to mow some lawns so that I didn't have to do all 11 in one day. So I got a couple done and realized how sucky it is to go by yourself because then its takes a lot longer to finish. Once I decided I was done for the day I came home to shower and be lazy once again. I had planned on going to the mall with Tiff but she got food poisoning that morning and wasn't feeling good. Night time came around and I started getting ready for a masquerade! Earlier in the week I got asked out by a good friend of mine to go to a masquerade with him and I was stoked. It brought memories back from the one I had in my backyard after graduation- which was epic! I mostly just like the fact that it allows you to put on a prom dress and get all pretty again haha. I like any excuse I can have to re-wear some of my dresses from high school. Anyways, Pace came and picked me up and we met up with his sister and her friends and made our way to this party. It was a lot of fun! It could've been a little better if I actually knew people there besides Pace and it was weird to not be at a dance where I had some girlfriends to dance around by, but I still had a great time!
Saturday came around and luckily I have a great friend who volunteered to help me mow lawns. If he wouldn't have helped me, the 4 hours it took us to mow would've meant around 8 hours by myself! I treated him to some Panda for lunch and then we spent a little time with Tiff and Blake who had come over to visit for a while. He left and I quickly showered so I could still hang out with Tiff and Blake. We had a good time sitting around talking and watching Blake get restless from doing nothing. So they left to go do something and I got ready for my date with Ty. We went and saw Thriller which was amazing like always! Boy do I love that show. It does suck though because I realize how much I really miss dancing. I always leave that show thinking how much fun it would be to be in that production.. But that'll never happen so I guess I'll just have to enjoy watching them every year.
Today I went over to Nate and Marcie's house to visit and play with my adorable nieces and nephews. Tiff and Blake joined us too so we all had a good time together. Best part of the night was watching Home Alone 2. Yes, we do know that is a Christmas movie, but for some reason Sadie and Carson had watched it the night before and LOVED it, so of course they had to show us how funny it is. Just picture Carson laughing hysterically and telling us what is going to happen next plus Sadie quoting a swear word, laughing, and asking what it means. Priceless. Then the rest of the fam finally got back from Lake Powell at 10:30 pm so I was able to see them for a bit. And now my break is over and I better get to bed so I can drive to Logan in the morning and make it on time to class..
.jpg)
.jpg)








1 comment:
aw the baby is adorable. :) and looks like you're having a great autumn!
xx.
Post a Comment