I guess I better start off my weekend update by talking about the football game that occurred Friday night.. I don't know how I can really put my feelings down for that game but here goes my attempt..
I am a BYU fan. I have been my whole life. The fact that I attend Utah State doesn't change my feelings toward BYU. I still cheer them on because as my sister put it: Utah State is my school but BYU is my team. Asking me to go against BYU would be like asking me to change my religion. It just can't be done. So once a year I'm put in a sucky position when it comes to the game in which BYU plays against USU (and I say once a year because football is the sport I care for most when it comes to BYU). The past two years I've worn a neutral shirt- blue. That way I can cheer for both teams without picking a side. But I would be lying if I said I was neutral in my feelings toward which team should win. And the past two years I didn't have to admit that because BYU was the better team anyways. But that all changed this year. Seeing as how USU has been playing very well this season and BYU sucking miserably, I knew it could be a close call. But I was definitely wrong about that. It wasn't a close call at all. USU completely conquered BYU. I was so torn during the whole game. I knew I should be happy for USU but I still couldn't help secretly rooting for BYU to pull through in the end. But it didn't happen. And it left me lost and confused with my feelings afterwards..
Saturday then came around and I was able to forget about the game since I was busy with mowing lawns and trying to be done in time for the afternoon session of conference. I then spent the night with my sister and nephew. I went over to help her with the baby while her husband was at Priesthood session. We had such a good time together! Not only did I get to hold and play with my cute nephew but I was able to just talk and hang out with my sister like we used to when we shared a room together. I forget how much I am like her. We feel the same way about things, we- at multiple times in our lives- had similar boy situations, and we are both clean freaks. So we had a good time catching up :)
Sunday I had the opportunity to attend the afternoon session of conference. It had been a long time since I went to one. I've decided to now try to go to at least one session every year. It is amazing sitting in that Conference Center in the presence of Thomas S. Monson and all the other Apostles and I want to take as many opportunities to hear them in person as I can! The spirit is so strong in that building. Mmm I just love conference! All the talks are wonderful and teach me so many things I need to hear. I'm going to have to write another post specifically for conference and the certain talks I loved most, but for now I must get to bed.
Goodnight world :)
1 comment:
cute post chelsie -) that's my Cyclops smile in the spirit of halloween -)
Post a Comment