CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 22, 2011

Milne Family Vaca: Lake Powell!!

There are hardly any words to describe my love for Lake Powell. It has been a family tradition every year since I can remember. Even though I've only been able to go consecutively for the last couple of years. It all started out with my mom's family. They bought into a houseboat and each sibling was allowed to bring two kids every year. Since I have four older siblings, I didn't get to go as often. But just recently, my own family has decided to start the tradition for ourselves. So we bought into a way nicer houseboat and now once a year my family vacation will always be Lake Powell. I could not be happier. It's so nice to just relax all week on a lake. I live in a swimsuit. I can swim whenever I want. I get to go boating everyday. I get tan. And I get to spend a week with my family. It's wonderful.
This year we ran into a few problems. Our houseboat broke down so we weren't able to take it out of the slip which was a big bummer. But luckily we made the best of it and it wasn't too bad. I was just happy to finally take a vacation. And what a great vacation it was! I didn't get burnt. I finally gave wakeboarding another try and was surprised that I didn't hate it like I thought. I also decided to go all out and try the sky ski as well. It took a long time but I finally got up for a few seconds. It definitely didn't come as easy as wakeboarding did. I tubed lots which is my favorite part about boating. We cliff jumped. We watched lots of movies and played cards. I read some and laughed a ton. I won't go into great detail about my week. I'd be here forever if I did. So I'll just share some pictures when I have more time to look through them and get some from my family.
So stay tuned.

:)

No comments: