CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Trelsie..

..is what our friends have decided to call us. Because apparently when you start dating someone, you no longer have your own identity. You become one. And heaven forbid you go anywhere without the other..

WARNING:
this post was only going to be a brief update to tell a little about my boyfriend since he is a big part of my life, but it has turned into a full account of our relationship (mostly for journal purposes) so it's going to be very long..

Trent and I met almost three years ago come December and became instant friends. He had been dating someone at the time but soon after broke up with her. I had a little crush on him but figured he just got out of a relationship and would be going on a mission in a couple months so nothing would happen. I was fine with being friends. For a while anyways..

It was Valentine's Day and all our friends decided to go to dinner since we were all single. After dinner we went to Trent's house to watch a movie, and it was then that I decided I really liked him. I remember wanting to cuddle with him that night, but we didn't end up sitting by each other. We (me and my friend Lexi) kept thinking of ways to get him to fit on the couch with us and I believe he ended up lying over top of us.. haha

The next day, Sunday, I was at Lexi's house and I had finally told her I really liked Trent, but I was conflicted with knowing he was leaving on his mission in two months. I'm pretty sure I told her not to tell anyone but either way she ended up telling Trent's friend Matt. So naturally Matt told Trent. This all happened when we were all at Lexi's together. So I saw Lexi and Matt talking. Saw Matt freak out and tell Trent he had to talk to him. And watched them walk out of the room. So I knew exactly what had happened and I started freaking out. Now I can't fully recall what happened after that, I just know I didn't talk to Trent about it. It was like this big secret still even though we all knew that everyone knew.

The next day came around and we all hung out before Lexi and I had to go back to Logan (it was President's Day). As we were saying bye to everyone about to get into the car, somehow it got discussed that Trent and John (another friend) should come up to visit us in Logan. So two days later, they came up. We hung out all night touring campus a bit, eating dinner, playing with the "Harry Potter" bookshelves in the library, etc. When it was getting late, we decided to watch a movie before we went to bed. So we watched the Dark Knight. And I was stoked to cuddle with Trent. I figured it had to happen tonight since now he knew I liked him and all.. So I waited.. and waited.. we were sitting right next to each other.. my hand was on my leg.. all he had to do was grab it.. then all of a sudden: movie over. What?! Credits come on the screen and then he holds my hand.. yeah great timing right? But it was enough. I was happy.

We dated for two months before he left on his mission. It was hard to say goodbye to him but I went into the relationship already knowing it would end in two months, so I was ready for it. I wrote him every week for six months, whether it was a letter or an e-mail, it was every week. But then life happened and I met someone. Now, Trent and I had planned before he left that I would continue to date, that I wasn't "waiting" for him. We knew we hadn't dated that long and two years is a long time. People change. So we left with no expectations. But it still became awkward, especially since I only dated Landon for four months. So Trent still had another year left on his mission. But I didn't want it to seem that I'd just go right back to him if I wasn't dating anyone.. So we still wrote every once in a while, and I continued to date other guys.

And then April (2011) came around and I started getting nervous. Trent was coming home. I had no idea what to expect. My mind was going crazy with all the thoughts I had. Would we still be friends? Does he want to start dating again? Do I want to start dating again? Do I go see him the day he gets back? Does that look like I want to pick up where we left off? I don't know anyone going to see him, do I go by myself? Is it going to be awkward? Do I wait to see him at his homecoming? What would he think about that? How do I get a hold of him to see him? Will he try to contact me? I should be the one to make the first move right?
What do I do?!
There were probably a lot more thoughts, but you get the idea- I was freaking out. And I finally decided I would go the next day (he got home on a Friday, so I'd go over on Saturday). That way I didn't seem too forward, but I still showed that I cared and wanted to see him. And I ended up getting in touch with our friend Robbie who said he'd go with me so I didn't have to go alone. So I had a girls night Friday night to get my mind off of everything. When I got home, I got on the computer to briefly check my e-mail and facebook and had a heart attack. Trent sent me a message on fb and was online to chat! Holy goodness. I couldn't help myself.. I had to say hi.. So our first conversation with him back was over facebook chat. Sad I know. But at least we were able to communicate that Robbie and I would go see him the next morning.
So the next morning, I picked Robbie up and then called Trent (yes our second convo was over the phone, apparently we like to build up to talking face to face..) and ended up meeting up with him and his whole family over on Fort Union in a parking lot. (They were out shopping for clothes and things for him.) So I'm on the phone with him trying to find him and see him across the parking lot.. talk about a long walk to first see a boy you haven't seen in two years and don't know where you stand with him. But it was fine. He looked good and it wasn't awkward. We just tagged along with him and his family shopping for a bit just talking and somewhat catching up. It was good.

The next couple of weeks we talked a lot and hung out quite a bit. It seemed like we were just jumping right back in to things. But then all of a sudden it stopped. Nothing was discussed between us. We just stopped talking and hanging out. It was like we both had the thought we were moving too fast and that he needed to date other people. So we saw each other only at times where all of our friends got together. Anytime I was away from him, I'd convince myself it was good we weren't together. That he needed to date around especially since I had done that for the last two years. But anytime I saw him, I couldn't help but just want to be with him. It was hard. Especially around the time that he had taken a girl out a couple times and everyone kept asking him if they were dating. I did not like that. Not one bit.

Then on June 22, everything changed. I don't know what it was. I don't know why then. But from that day on, we hung out every day. And I mean every day (we went almost eight straight weeks of seeing each other every day). Four days later we finally talked about what we wanted to do. And after some discussion, we decided we both liked each other so we might as well try it out again. We then kissed and have been dating ever since.

It's been a great three months so far. We've spent a lot of time together and it's been great. We went on many dates and got lots of snowies. We went house shopping.. ok, that's a lie, we just went to the Parade of Homes with his family. We went to Lagoon a couple times. We've gone on one road trip down to St George to see Grease at Tuacahn which was a blast. And now we're trying to do the whole long distance relationship, which sucks, but it's been fine. We have no choice but to live with it.

So that is the story of Trelsie. It's sad it's as long as it is cause I could have included a lot more. But it's detailed enough to give you an idea of our relationship. So now you can just enjoy some pics :)

Before the mish:
V-day at Olive Garden-where it all began
First visit to Logan

After:
4th of July- first actual date
I have taught him well.. :)
The day of the convo and second first kiss
(which also happened to be Matt's homecoming day)
We had mini smores that we roasted over that candle
First road trip to St Geezy to see Grease!
Lots of Sunny D
Outdoor movie at the Capitol
At his ex-girlfriend's wedding.. yes, the ex he was dating when I first met him.
(She did not like me back then.. but once Trent left on his mission, we became great friends)

:)

5 comments:

Jenna said...

That took me a long time to read, but I liked it. I am so happy for you! So cute!!

Lace said...

Is this "Soup?"

Chelsie Milne said...

Thanks Jenna :)
Lacy- no, it's not Soup. Soup is just a good friend. (Soup's real name is Nick)

Rachel M said...

Love this. You two are so cute!

Heather said...

Ah Chels. :) this makes me so happy! It's incredible to see that you really have gone through a lot of similar feelings and emotions as I have as far as with the missionary thing. I am soo happy you two are doing so well, you have a fairy tale story here so don't ever let it go!! I love you dearly and am excited to see you soon!!