Okay. Best spring break. Ever!
Even a midst the cloudy weather and getting a cold, I still had so much fun.
I will try to make this post brief. But it's going to be hard. I'll try to just add more pictures and let them do most of the talking so I don't ramble on forever. But just brace yourself. There are a LOT of pictures. But when you compare how many I posted to how many we took (500) I barely posted any.. and I tried to add some ones that weren't posted on facebook so in case anyone actually wants to look at a million pictures of my spring break you won't get all duplicates :)
I will try to make this post brief. But it's going to be hard. I'll try to just add more pictures and let them do most of the talking so I don't ramble on forever. But just brace yourself. There are a LOT of pictures. But when you compare how many I posted to how many we took (500) I barely posted any.. and I tried to add some ones that weren't posted on facebook so in case anyone actually wants to look at a million pictures of my spring break you won't get all duplicates :)
Day 1: The drive!
My parents let us take our mini van so we could fit all seven of us girls (Me, Liz, Brandi, Sophie, Ashley, Steph, and Sierra) in one car. Definitely helped save money on gas. I have some great parents that will trust me enough to take their van! Thanks mom and dad! We made a couple stops for gas and food and one big one in Vegas. We only went to the M&M and Coke factories though. We weren't feeling walking the whole strip. Once we got back in the car there was a point in which we were stopped on the freeway for a bit because of a huge accident. So we got out of the car and took pictures in the middle of I-15. And finally after 12 hours in a car we made it to Ashley's grandma's house in L.A.
Day 2:
We were pretty stoked! We didn't waste too much time getting to the port. We wanted to make sure we had enough time to find it and get on board. So after parking the car and waiting in line for a bit, we were finally on the ship!! The first thing we did was go and eat some lunch and then we spent a lot of time touring the boat and taking pictures. We went to the first dinner and meet a lot of new friends at our table. Two of which were drunk the entire week and were hilarious! They added some great entertainment to our week. Later that night we went to a dance party and danced the night away.
Yep, that's a fake window. It was kinda depressing..
The slide that we never went on.. It was too cold :(
Hahaha we apparently think we're hot stuff..
This was our table the first night at dinner. Pretty sure I love all these people.
Every night they had a "didja" food of things you always wanted to try but never dare to. The first night we ate escargot which is in the picture below and I actually liked it. The other nights I tried alligator and some sushi. The sushi was the only thing I didn't like.
Day 3: Catalina!
We weren't too sure what to do once we got on the island. We had wanted to just lay out on a beach because we are cheap and didn't want to spend any more money, but the sun decided it didn't want to come out. So we found a bike rental place and rented tandem bikes! It was so much fun! Liz and I were pro but Sophie and Brandi struggled a bit haha. We toured the streets for an hour on the bikes and then just walked around and looked at the shops. We didn't last too long on the island though cause the sun started coming out and we didn't know what more there was to do without spending lots of money so we went back on the boat to try and get some sun. That only lasted for like ten minutes until the wind picked up and it got too cold. So we went back to our room and got ready for the formal dinner night. After dinner we went to a comedy night but left halfway through it due to some inappropriate humor. So we just took some more pictures and probably ate ice cream the rest of the night.
Day 4: Ensenada
The only day I actually felt the sun heat my body! I think I can say this day was my favorite day on the trip. When we first got off the boat, we again had no idea what we were going to do. So we got on some buses to take us to the main strip. We got a little freaked out once we arrived. Here were four girls in Mexico not knowing where to go and having Mexican guys trying to coax us into their shops. Hahah it was funny. But we calmed down and got the hang of things. So we just walked up and down the strip doing some shopping. We got some ice cream and fresh guacamole and chips. We were asked if we wanted a Mexican boyfriend. I actually got some sun on my face and chest! It was a good day. But just like on Catalina, we didn't spend the whole day there because there wasn't too much to do. So we took our purchases and got back on the boat.
This is the time when the party really started.
We got in the hot tub for a couple hours where we made friends with a few little kids as well as me being reunited with an old friend from freshman year. After making plans to meet up later, we all left and went to dinner. Dinner was amazing this night because it was the only one I came away from feeling sick because I ate way too much. Then if only to make me feel more sick, we meet up with Jordan (freshman year friend) and his friends to play some around the world ping pong. My stomach had actually calmed down by the time we started so I could join in. I came in third place every game. But our games were cut off early due to a dance party going on. So we joined that party and learned some sweet line dances. It was so much fun. But dancing can't go on all night. So we found our way to the karaoke room and listened to some pretty awful songs. We didn't last too long in there since they didn't have room for us to sing so we left to go get some ice cream.
Most people had left to go to bed by this time but Liz Mitch Jordan and I talked about pulling an all nighter so we decided to play a little game of fear factor. The first round was a race to the boys' room which I totally won. The second round was where the other three had to mix up a drink for the fourth not knowing what they had to drink. If you would like to see the videos of this round, they are on my facebook. I didn't feel like adding them on here too. The third round was a game of sardines. Yeah, I don't know how that adds to a fear factor, but it sounded fun. It didn't last too long though. It took us forever to find Jordan and by the time we all did, we were too tired so we called it a night.
Day 5: On the boat.
Thursday was a day out at sea. Once again, it was cloudy so there was zero chance of laying out and getting a tan. So we just decided to be lazy all day. Liz and I slept in way late due to the night before and then we spent most of the time on the Lido deck with all the food. Sophie ended up falling asleep on the table, so we thought it would be funny to sit behind her so she would be confused when she woke up. Then to add to the confusion, there was a couple near by that volunteered to sit by her. She woke up like right after they sat down so we didn't get a picture of it, but it was hilarious! We then decided to go walk around and take some more pictures before we went to dinner. We got to sick with our drunken friends again which was fun. Pretty sure one bought a glass of wine and offered it to Liz and invited us all to their suite later for some fun.. hahaha sketchy! Oh too funny. After dinner, we went to another karaoke night which we turned into a big dance party. That was way fun. But once again they were all filled up so we couldn't sing. But we still had fun anyways and then ended the night with one last ice cream stop.
These are the two army guys we became really good friends with. Matt and Aaron. They were the ones who were drunk the entire time. And the one in the red, Matt, spent at least $2500 on alcohol. Yeah. Insane. Love them though.
The only day we got to be on a beach! Sierra knew a kid that lives in L.A. and has a beach house in Newport who offered to let us spend the night so we could get off the boat and have a relaxing day and not worry about driving home until the next day. So we got off the boat and drove to Newport. We spent the day shopping before we met up with Mike at his beach house. And even though it was still cloudy, we put on our swimsuits and played in the ocean and layed out for a bit. But it didn't last long before we were too cold. So we decided to ride bikes along the beach. Yep, that was pretty sweet. And I also found out I'm a pretty awesome photographer while riding a bike :). The rest of the night was pretty chill. We just went to dinner and then had some smores by the fire.
Day 7: Driving home
Nothing really exciting to talk about here. This was a depressing day. Spring break was over. And I was sick. Yes, I do have a tissue up my nose while eating and spitting sunflower seeds into a cereal box while driving home. I know, I'm pretty classy haha
And that was my attempt to give a brief overview of my spring break..
:)
3 comments:
This was so much fun to read haha I love it.
I vote I get to go next time :)
Well Unknown, that could be possible if I knew who you were..
Post a Comment