Alrighty- it took a while to get the pictures and find time to post but here is my happy outlook on my weekend in Lake Powell. Enjoy. :)
Day 1: The drive was fine. Scary at first because of the snow, but it finally cleared up and we made it safely. BUT we didn't expect to run into snow when we got to Lake Powell!! We thought it was just starting to rain but we realized it was little snowflakes. But in a matter of minutes, the snow turned to hail. That's right- HAIL! What an interesting boat ride that made- getting pelted by hail. But just as quickly as it started, it stopped and a bit later in the day the clouds cleared up and it was beautiful. We got everything unloaded into the boat and then the rest of the night was spent relaxing and not doing too much. I actually pulled out some homework to study for my stats test- which took everyone by surprise haha. I was quite proud of myself. But it was the only time it happened and I only did two problems.. One eventful thing of the day was that Austin put on a wet suit then a dry suit and actually got in the water and wake boarded! Now the weather wasn't the best- it was getting later in the day and it was a little cloudy again, and not to mention the wind- and the water was FREEZING! But he still got in and had some fun.
Day 2: Best day of the whole trip. It was pretty relaxing during the morning. We didn't do much. It was Lucy's birthday- she's 2!! After we ate lunch I went outside and sat on the boat in the sun and read. Not too much later I was joined by the majority of my siblings and we ended up taking the boat out in the middle of the lake so the whole boat was in the sun. We had some fun talking while soaking up the sun. It felt sooo good! It got a little cold at times because of the wind- but other than that, it was the best! A bit later it was hiking time! We got a group together and tried to go hike the arches but never ended up finding them. That didn't matter though because we still had an awesome time! Finding a HUGE lizard, throwing airplanes, and running/exploring everything makes up for not finding the arches. At the end of the day- I was burnt and my feet hurt but I didn't care. It was a very fun day :)
Day 3: The accident made for a more gloomy morning. It was also a little hard to listen to conference so I ended up reading. Had a good time watching Anthony and Jarem get in the water to "shower." The fact that they could barely stand being in the water for more than a second means that I would have probably died if I got in. WAY too cold. It was very entertaining though. Relaxed on the boat in the sun again then took a nice warm shower just in time for the accident victims to arrive. Everyone hugged, story retold, tears almost come. We then got everyone settled in and then it was dinner time. After that just more relaxing and what not.
Day 4: Best weather day- but who would expect anything less- Sunday is always the best weather day when you're at Lake Powell. Woke up to kids running around to find their Easter baskets. Hope the Easter bunny enjoyed making a stop in Lake Powell ;). Ate a big yummy breakfast followed by lots of delicious candy. Tried to listen to conference, but again, it was a little hard to pay attention. Took a walk to the beach and then sadly we had to pack up and head home to where the weather was not so pleasant- lame.
All in all- it was a very successful trip. I am super glad my family decided to buy a houseboat and can't wait to continue the tradition my mom's family started with my own family.
Now if only it was the end of July so I can go back and actually get in the water and stay the whole week! :)
I LOVE LAKE POWELL!!
1 comment:
That was so fun! Can't wait to go back! Especially thinking that there will be sun next time too! :) Too bad I will look like a whale! oh well. Whales swim right.
Post a Comment