I must admit that I'm kind of a nerd when it comes to lawn mowing. I love it. I love being outside getting my hands dirty. I love the smell of freshly cut grass. I love how bad a yard can look and then after edging, trimming, and mowing it looks great. I love analyzing other yards of how good they look. I just love it all. BUT I do NOT love the very first day of the season. My body isn't used to it yet so I become very sore not to mention burnt because I haven't worked up my tan yet. It also didn't help that it was a super long day: NINE hours. Yep, that's right. I was out mowing from about 9 am to 6 pm. That wasn't expected at all. I mean, when you have 6 houses plus a church to mow, I figured, from past experience, it should only take 5 hours- maybe 6 at the longest. But I guess I didn't figure in the lawn mower giving us problem after problem making a church that takes an hour to finish into two and a half because we had to mow the ENTIRE thing with the LITTLE lawn mower. Ugh that was very frustrating. We were finally able to get it started again, but it still gave us lots of problems throughout the rest of the day.
So now I'm just glad the first day is over with and hopefully we'll fix all the problems before next time so the rest of the summer will be better and less frustrating.
Christal laughed at my frustration and got my camera out of my purse to document the situation..
The lawn mower kept dying. So it would start and I'd start to mow when it'd just die.
Just imagine the sound "ugh" coming out right when she took this lovely picture.
So I had to start it again..
And then I was able to mow just a little bit longer until it died once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment