CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 12, 2010

Mountain Wedding

I went home Saturday to be able to go experience a very interesting wedding. My cousin Robby got married at Alta ski resort on top of the mountain. Like literally on top of the mountain. And in their whole ski attire I might add. Can't get more different than that! It was super weird but a very fun experience. After the ceremony, it was free ski time for two hours. I deeply regretted not thinking more about going skiing. I haven't been in years! It just seemed too stressful to pack clothes and even then find skis that I could use. But it would've been worth it. I was sad to watch others ski while I just had to take the lift back down. I was dumb. I think my mind was somewhere else anyways- hence the reason I didn't even prepare well to be on top of a mountain in snow! I mean really, who wears flats instead of boots?! Guess that would be me.. It's a good thing I live in Logan though so I've adjusted to cold weather so it didn't phase me too much. It could've been worse.
Anyways, once everyone was done skiing it was time for the party- not reception. That was also very interesting. It was weird to be at a family event and have alcohol being served and some smoking going on and just an all around different crowd to be amongst.
I'm glad I could experience it all though. Not everyone can say they've attended a wedding on top of a mountain in ski attire before :)

Riding the lift up

Really though.. how dumb could I be?

Lookin good!

Walking- er I mean skiing down the isle..

Ceremony

If only I really could've gone down like that

No comments: