CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 3, 2011

Flash back to high school

I came down to my room tonight to find my sister trying on a prom dress and after she saw the very confused look on my face she told me that she will be going to Jr Prom at the beginning of February. I then proceeded to give her a little lecture on how some junior girls might hate her (or since hate is too strong of a word) be mad at her for going since she's actually a sophomore. And I say this from experience because I was one who was upset when guys didn't asked juniors.
Now before you judge me and think I'm some mean person getting mad when it shouldn't matter, I have to remind you (or make you aware of the fact) that Murray only lets juniors go to Jr Prom. It's not like everyone can go and only juniors promenade like other schools. It's only for juniors. So if you're a junior and all the junior boys are asking sophomores then you can imagine how sucky it would be to not go when you're actually allowed to go. And I might just have bitter feelings toward Jr Prom in general seeing as how I wasn't able to attend mine (but due to drill nationals competition, not because I didn't get asked). But I knew plenty of boys that didn't take juniors and as a result I had some friends that were free to go but couldn't because they weren't asked.

Can you tell I was frustrated back then if I still want to make the point about it now? haha

So anyways, after telling her all this, we sat down and looked at all my old dance pictures and tried on some dresses. It was pretty fun but it definitely reminded me of how glad I am that I'm done with high school and I don't have to deal with all the drama that goes on during that time!
I mean seriously.
College is WAY better!

No comments: