CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 8, 2010

Country Dancer

So about a year ago Rylee and I went country dancing a couple of times and on one particular night I danced with a very interesting person. His name was Brandon and he told me a lot about his life. Not the normal amount you talk about while dancing with a stranger, but detailed. He found out I was LDS after asking if I was a partier and then quickly went off about that he wasn't either and why he wasn't on a mission (he previously told me he was 20) because his grandma had cancer and just lots of horrible situations at home. So like I said before, not the normal topic of conversation. Once the song ended I said thanks and started to walk away when he stopped me and asked me for my number. I was caught off guard and for those who know me well know that I struggle saying no because I feel bad and because I'm not quick enough to just make one up, so I gave it to him. I didn't think much of it because I can always tell them no when I'm not face to face with them. So I go on the rest of the night dancing and having fun and forgot about this kid. Little did I know that after that night this kid would be super persistent in trying to hang out with me. He would call me all the time even after I said no and ignored him multiple times. This guy just didn't get the hint. One night when he started texting me, I handed my phone to a friend and let him text him. Long story short, when the conversation ended, the kid thought I was pregnant with an abusive boyfriend and told me he'd take care of me and my baby. Oh and he was drunk at the time, just like every other time he'd called me. Can you say crazy?! But luckily after that whole ordeal, I only heard from him maybe twice after that and everything was forgotten about.. until today..
So there I am waiting to donate plasma when this kid sits next to me. Now I'm thinking 'why does he look so familiar?' but I shrug it off. Then all of a sudden he starts talking to me and showing me pictures on his phone of his dad's house that is being built and a bear he shot and had stuffed. Now I'm trying to be friendly and act like I care when I really don't so I seem all interested. He goes off about all this stuff and I just smile and nod and in my head I'm thinking 'please let it be my turn so they can come and get me and I don't have to talk to this kid anymore.' Then out of the blue he asks for my name, AFTER the fact of telling me all about his dads house and this bear, and he tells me his: Brandon. It clicked. It was Country Dancer!! (The name he was known as around my friends who knew the situation) I couldn't believe it and I almost literally laughed out loud. Luckily the girl came and got me right as he asked if we could hang out sometime. I was in shock as I stood up and ended up saying sure and then just walked away. I then spent the rest of the time donating plasma laughing to myself not believing what just happened. What are the chances of running into him again?! Didn't think I'd ever have to deal with him again. It's just a good thing he didn't realize who I was cause that would've been an awkward conversation..

No comments: