I went home on Friday for two reasons. One- because it was Carson's birthday, and two- I wanted to spend some time with my family. I love my family and I needed to see them. They always know how to make me feel better and be happy.
My family is the best. :)
So I got home and after a while the rest of my family showed up. I first spent some time with Carson playing with him and his new monkey he got from build-a-bear and then I spent a while talking with all my sisters about my past week. They hadn't really heard about anything that was going on in my life with the whole breakup so they asked me about it all and how I was feeling. It was a really good conversation. They know exactly what to say to make me feel better. I sure do love them all. Then after that we all went to dinner. On the way there, Carson kept trying to get my attention as I was talking to Marcie and out of the blue he says "When are you going to laugh?" Best quote of the night! I seriously laughed so hard after that and then it became our little joke. I think he said it to me at least 50 more times that night. Man I sure do love that kid. So dinner was great fun with my fam. It was just all us kids minus Anthony and Marcella so it was definitely a party. Once we finished eating, I went with Nate and Marcie to the rec center to swim where we met up with Anthony and Marcella. It was a good time. I haven't swam in forever and especially at the rec center. I don't think I've been there since we had our graduation night party there. So it was a lot of fun. After that it was cake and ice cream time and then the kids went off to bed while the rest of us watched the end of Blades of Glory and the Olympics.
I woke up to a phone call from my mom Saturday morning and found out about the earthquake in Chile and how Hawaii had warnings for a tsunami which is where my parents are so they were shut inside their hotel wondering what was going to happen. That was a little scary to think about. Luckily everything was alright. Then after hearing that news, we talked for a while about how I was doing. I hadn't talked to her for a week after I called to tell her about the breakup so I had a lot of explaining to do about how my week went. Once we hung up, I hung out with my family for a bit before heading back up to Logan. My friend Ryan was having a party and I didn't want to miss out. I was a little nervous for it though because Landon was going to be there. It turned out to be ok though. He gave me a hug when he first got there and that was about all the interaction or acknowledgement of each other we had. It still was hard to see him though. Even though I've accepted the situation and know it was the right thing, doesn't mean I'm over him, and seeing him brings back those thoughts and feelings- and then of course I wonder what he's thinking.. But luckily there was a ton of people there and so I was able to keep myself busy enough and have fun. So it turned out to be a great fun party!
And now, once again, the weekend is over and I have to put my focus back on school. Lame.
No comments:
Post a Comment