After the first week of a new semester, it's always good to have a nice long 3 day weekend. Ok, so really ANY time in a semester it's good to have a long weekend, but I throughly enjoyed this last one. Most of the time I never do too much but be lazy and sit in my room most of the day and then get to doing stuff at night with friends, but this weekend I was non stop having fun from the moment I woke up till I went to bed.
Friday was a good day. The day started with only one and a half classes for me out of the normal 3. One class was cancelled and I had to leave one class early because I was going to burst with so much water in me. Never drink 32+ ounces of water during a class when you don't have time between classes to go to the bathroom. It results in the persistent need of use of the bathroom making it so you can't concentrate on anything else. So after I couldn't take it anymore I left class early and then decided to just not go back and go donate plasma. This turned out to be great timing to meet Hanah and ended up being the fastest and most enjoyable days donating plasma which is saying a lot since the previous time was disastrous resulting in a bruised arm and getting stuck with the needle twice. So after making $35 in one hour, I was able to catch a ride to Murray so as to not drive my poor car too much. Once in Murray, Jay came to my house with me and ate dinner with my fam and waited for our Orem friends to meet up with us so we could drive back up to Ogden and see Dashboard. They took forever but eventually they came and we made our way to Ogden. After finding a parking spot which just happened to be on the grass, we made our way into the crowd at the concert. We tried to find a way into the middle where some friends were but it was impossible so we settled for a spot in the back where we pushed our way as far front as we could. Once Dashboard started playing, it was great fun. I wasn't too familiar with the songs, but no shock there since I'm not really familiar with too much music anyways, but it was still lots of fun. I did know the final song that was played which was once a favorite song of mine so that was fun to be able to sing along with at least one song.

The Chelsiea Sandwich
After the concert, we made our way to Arby's where we ate and hung out for a bit before heading over to our friend Antonio's house. The boys put on a little concert for us by singing and playing the guitar and then after a while we said goodbye and drove home. I then unfortunately was the only one not going back to Orem so I was dropped off in Murray to go to bed while the rest of the group continued the fun of the night by playing guitar hero and hanging out.
Saturday was then spent down in Orem with Landon and his family. I had woke up planning on just being lazy and watch some TV shows on the internet when I got a text inviting me to lunch with Landon's family for his little brother's birthday. So I had to quickly get ready, since of course I was still in my pajamas lying in bed, and drive down to Orem in order to meet his family in time. We went to Tucanos which is a Brazilian restaurant and it was very good! After lunch, Landon and I went back to his apartment and hung out for a while and watched episodes of The Office. What a great show :). Then later we joined back up with his family at Jump On It. I must say that place is very fun and entertaining. I've only been twice now and each time has been great. I now just need to get over my fear and learn/relearn some tricks. After that we just spent the rest of the night with his family which is always a good time. Thanks Larsen family!!
Sunday. Sunday's are always great days. I love them. I also love being home and going to my home ward. I think I'd much rather be at my home ward than at a singles ward. This Sunday was even better than most because my mom was able to finally join me in relief society! She just barely got released from a YW leader so we were able to, for the first time ever, sit with each other in relief society. Happy day. Once church was over my mom and I got busy making our traditional Sunday dinner: waffles and potatoes. Mmm so yummy. Landon came up and joined us for dinner and then stayed and hung out all night playing guitar hero for the majority of the time.
Monday I was able to drive down to Orem to hang out with Landon again for just a little bit before I had to head back up to Logan. We ended up looking at most of his mission pictures which was very cool. It was fun listening to him tell stories and see the excitement and joy in his eyes. But then it started to get late so we had to stop so I could leave and get back to Murray in time to catch my ride back to Logan. Ellen, my oldest best friend ever, was the one I rode up with and was probably very glad when we pulled up next to my car because I just talked way too much the entire ride. She was probably sick of listening to me ramble on about my life and the thoughts going through my head. But thanks for listening to me Ell. :)
So that was my weekend in a nut shell. Very busy and fun and I was sad for it to end. But now that I'm back in Logan, I've got to focus on school instead of still wishing it was the weekend.
Bummer.
No comments:
Post a Comment