CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Weekend in Midway

WARNING:
This post is a long one. I tried to keep it short and to the point BUT this blog is pretty much my journal so I had to write enough detail for my sake.
Just thought I'd give you the heads up. :)

Last weekend was sooo much fun. My friends and I took a spontaneous trip to Midway for the weekend. It all started Wednesday night at Stacey's while we were watching the best show ever- SYTYCD. My Aunt Karen asked if we wanted to go boating Friday morning but none of us sounded too excited to wake up super early to go so then she threw in going up Thursday night to sleepover at their cabin and we were all in. So that was what I was planning on- a fun little trip to Midway to go boating. But then all of a sudden the boys- Chase and Trevor- decided to make a whole weekend out of it. After boating we would spend the rest of the weekend at Chase's cabin. So we did just that and boy was it so much fun!
So like I said- the start of the trip was Thursday night- so we all got up to the cabin and first watched the finale of SYTYCD which Stace and I were totally into, the guys- not so much. Then the four of us went to dinner and played at a park for a while which is always a good time. When we finally got back to the cabin we did a little hot tub time before getting all bundled up outside to star gaze and fall asleep.


Morning came and we woke up early to go boating. My second cousin showed up and then we were off to the lake. We spent a good amount of time boating where almost everyone got in and tried stuff. I was the chicken who didn't. It was FREEZING and I'm not the biggest fan of wakeboarding so I passed. I made a good flag girl though :).


We got back and my second cousin and Stace had to hurry and leave so that left me and the boys with my Aunt and Uncle. We ate breakfast and cleaned up and then me and the boys thanked them and were off to Chase's cabin. Once we got there, Chase gave a quick tour and then I passed out on the couch while the boys showered. I then almost woke up to a sticky note on my forehead. The guys wanted to go to the store to get some food and weren't sure whether they should wake me up so they planned to put a sticky note on my forehead telling me where they went! Can you believe that? Typical boy move haha. But they decided against it and woke me up. So we went to the store where I taught the boys a little lesson on a lot for very little. I think me being in their lives will help them save lots of money :) haha.
Anyways, we got back to the cabin where I finally got ready and then we headed to Park City to the Olympic Park because we had free coupons to do the zipline. We got there and decided we were going to pretend we were French. It might have been the funniest thing ever! We had Trevor do all the talking because he actually speaks French. Chase pretended to speak it but threw in some Spanish here and there and I just smiled and didn't say a word because I wasn't sure how good I could pull off faking French. It was funny though to watch people talk slow to us so we could understand what was going on and how excited a girl worker got when Chase did the "French laugh" which Trevor later told us that the French don't actually laugh like that. (I hope you all know what "French laugh" I'm talking about). She told us it made her day. We taught her how to count to 3 in French and then we were off flying down a mountain. Seriously, the best feeling ever! It was sooo much fun. I at first was nervous but there really was nothing to worry about.




Once we got down the first time Trevor said he spotted his parents on the ski lift going up. I didn't believe him- but sure enough when we got to the top again to go for our second time, his parents were standing right there! How crazy of a coincidence is that? Neither Trevor nor his parents knew the other were going that day and then to show up at the same time is just crazy! After we went down the second time, Stacey had come to join us on our third but the park was closing so we decided we'd just have to come back the next day. So we took a little tour of the museum and then we were off to find something to eat.



Stacey ended up leaving to go home (she had been working in Park City which was why she joined back up with us for a short period of time) so it was just me and the boys again.
We went to Red Rock where I'm pretty sure I ate more than BOTH boys. Sad right? Anyways, after dinner we went back to the cabin and spent some time four wheeling which was fun.


After that we went to the hot spots- which were crazy hot and I had weird little rashes on my legs- followed then by showers and a movie to fall asleep to.
Saturday was probably the best day of the whole trip. Mike showed up early in the morning so when I finally got up, we spent some time talking and wondering what we were going to do throughout the day. We decided to first go do some more four wheeling and it created a lot of entertainment. Chase was still getting the hang of driving and would constantly kill it and with Michael on the back made it priceless to watch. My stomach hurt from laughing too much. I then tried driving it and found I'm pretty much a pro- ha ok so maybe not, but I was definitely better than Chase. I only killed it maybe 3 times compared to his hundreds haha. Michael then had had enough so we stopped and then made our way once again to the Olympic Park for some more ziplining. Stacey met up with us there and we went down a couple more times. It wasn't as fun as the day before because the lines were longer and we weren't pretending to be French anymore but we still had a good time.



Once we used up the last of our free tickets we headed back to the cabin where Mike and Stacey watched a movie while Chase Trevor and I were back on the four wheelers. By this point in time Chase was getting a whole lot better so he wanted to drive as much as he could. We found a great spot at the top of the mountain to stop and talk while we overlooked the valley. It was pretty romantic.. bahah.
After we got back, we made dinner and sat down and had a nice little family dinner. It was cute. And yummy :). Then since me Chase and Trevor made dinner, Stace and Mike cleaned up while we showered. I think Chase and Trevor put something extra in their food though cause they went a little crazy after dinner. They showered together (obviously with swim suits on) and sung as loud as they could. It was quite entertaining. They didn't let the end of the shower stop the singing either and brought it to the kitchen to put on a show for us. We then all joined them and had a fun little dance party for a bit. After that the night just consisted of lots of talking and one big long game of E.R. where I totally won! It was awesome. But the best part of the night was when Trevor and I scared Mike and Chase big time! I about peed my pants I was laughing so hard. It was a fun night.
Morning came around and we had a nice big breakfast and ended up just cleaning up and talking for a while until it was time to head home. It was a very successful trip and I truly have the greatest friends!

No comments: