I cannot begin to describe how happy I am that my family finally decided to buy a houseboat of our own! Growing up, Lake Powell was always a great vacation with my moms side of the family but the only problem was that my parents were allowed to bring only 2 kids each year. And of course since I was second youngest, I wasn't able to go as often as my older siblings. But a year ago, after many family discussions, we decided to buy into a houseboat and make the Hansen tradition turn into a Milne one. And what a great decision that turned out to be.
This last week was our 3rd week of having the houseboat but the 1st during the summer where we could actually pull the boat out of the slip and swim in the water. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect week to be down there. The weather was amazing, with one sweet storm- so of course I was in heaven, the water was a perfect temperature, the area we parked the boat was perfect- we had many cool places to "float" to and explore, a great hike to go on that led to a little arch, only one neighbor, practically zero fish (at least zero that showed their face to us), and of course the best family to be with!
We did have some problems throughout the week, but what family vacation doesn't? There were some disagreements between siblings, stress and yelling, a horrible accident that could've led to many broken bones but luckily only a bruised foot, a broken boat, and a bad burn with blisters (which I have to admit was a first for me- not fun!) But we didn't let any of those problems ruin our week and we still had tons of fun!
I already can't wait until next year!! :)
Here are a few pics from the week. And I do mean few. I had 211 to pick from..
No comments:
Post a Comment