CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween!

I love Halloween. It has always been one of my favorite holidays. I just love dressing up in fun costumes, watching scary movies, going to haunted houses and corn mazes, seeing all the cute little kids in their costumes, carving pumpkins, and eating lots of candy!
This year, I will have to sadly admit that it was not the best. Of course when I wanted this year to top last year, it doesn't. Oh well.
I started my Halloween Friday night when I went home. There was a Ukraine party at my house (for the Save a Child Foundation which is the reason I have my adopted brother Austin). So I hung out with family for a bit at that party- got some free food and went through the haunted barn attic. Then my friend Chase invited me to go to the LDS Frat party. I invited Christal to come along since I wanted to hang out with her and her friends were being lame. So we got mine and Rylee's costumes and Chase came to pick us up.


We went to Cheri's to get her and then all of a sudden she changed the plan on us and we ended up at Hallo-funka-ween instead. Yeah don't worry- it was just a big slutty dance party that we had to pay $10 to get in. It wasn't too bad at the beginning since we got there right when it started so we had some fun dancing by ourselves, but once it got crowded, that's when the sluts started showin up and all the perverted guys that just want to get all up on you. I hate when dances get this way and it made it even worse when I invite and expose my 15 year old sister to them! Don't worry though, I took initiative and called the greatest friend ever (Michael) to come pick us up after it got too much to handle. So we left and after I apologized a million times to Christal, we just went to bed.

Saturday came around and I had to mow lawns for the last time! Thank goodness! Now maybe I'll actually get to stay in Logan for a full weekend..? haha but I spent most of the day hanging out with my fam until Chase and Stacey were ready to head up to Logan for the Howl.
We got to Logan and stopped for dinner and ice cream before we headed to Rylee's apartment. Once there, we sat around forever waiting for everyone to get ready. Grease was on TV which was fun to watch. I used to love that movie when I was younger. Anyways, finally at 10 everyone was ready to go so we headed up to campus and found out that there was the craziest line. We ended up waiting in line for two hours only to be inside for an hour! Yeah- definitely NOT worth it. I was reminded again why I had refused to go last year. I don't know why I let my friends convince me that it might be fun this year.. it wasn't. I'm not a fan of the big gross sweaty dance parties. I love to dance but not when all you can do is jump up and down because there are too many people surrounding you. I don't know why we call it a dance. I'd rather dance like they do on Grease! That's at least fun and you're not worried about nasty guys thinking they can grind up on you. So yeah, the Howl=sucky Halloween activity. Once it was over, we all just came back home and sat around forever doing nothing but watching infomercials.. yeah don't ask me why no one changed the channel.. and then finally at 3 I went to bed.

Can you see why this Halloween kinda sucked?

(Don't get me wrong- I did have fun with the people I was with. And I did have fun dressing up as Hermione. I can't believe it has taken me this long to be someone from HP!)




Then on Sunday, actual Halloween, it didn't get better. Mostly just because it's Sunday and you can't really do too much partying. I actually forgot it was Halloween. I did watch a scary TV show though. Ok, so it wasn't actually scary, but disturbing. Anyone heard of the show Sister Wives? If you haven't- it's about a polygamist family. Yeah I don't get how women can actually allow their husband to marry another woman and be ok with it.

But that was my Halloween weekend. Definitely not what I wanted it to be. But I guess it is somewhat continuing on because of a Humans vs. Zombie game I am playing this week on campus. Brief explanation: there were about 800 humans and 1 zombie to start the week off. We all have bandannas, humans wear them on their arm or leg and zombies wear them on their head. Humans can stun a zombie with sock balls and nerf darts. Yes I agree it is pretty nerdy, but you have to admit it sounds awesome right?

I survived day 1. Guess we'll see what tomorrow brings with now up to almost 100 zombies.. yikes!

Wish me luck! haha
:)



Oh, and in case anyone was wondering- I still hate the Post Office with a passion.

No comments: