I have had a really good break. It was definitely something I needed. It even started earlier than I planned because of the "blizzard". I had planned to go home Wednesday but the "huge blizzard" that was to come resorted in campus closing Tuesday which therefore cancelled my class that day making it so that I could head home before any storm started.
Now all I have to say is Utah definitely knows how to overreact..
So I got home Tuesday and mostly just sat around all day. I had to do a lot of reading to take a test online for one of my classes, but that's about all I did.
Wednesday I did more sitting around being lazy. Christal and I watched a lot of TV while I let her curl my hair. I then went and spent the night hanging out at my brother Nate's. They headed to Seattle for Thanksgiving so I went to play with them before they left. So I had fun playing with them. Gracie actually wanted to snuggle with me too! She's the cutest thing.
Thursday- the day of Thanks. I thought about doing that typical Thanksgiving post that everyone seems to do.. but I decided against it. Mostly because I didn't get on my computer. But my Thanksgiving was wonderful. My dad and I sat down and watched an old BYU vs Utah game from 4 years ago. It was on TV and it's sad to say that I still got super into it and at times I was stressed even though I already knew the outcome.. That just tells you how much I love BYU football. I'll get back to that topic later though when I talk about the game that went on on Saturday..
We weren't able to finish watching the game because it was time to go to the church for lunch, so we made sure we recorded it since the ending of that game is the best ever.
Pretty sure the next day we watched this ending like 100 times and it still gave me chills!
So anyways, we went to the church for lunch, which I've got to say was weird. I don't remember ever having Thanksgiving lunch/dinner at a church. The funniest part about it is that we had at first cancelled having Hansen Thanksgiving because our family is getting too big, so when we decided to do it this year and have it at a church, most people couldn't come so there really wasn't a need for a church.. But I gotta say I loved that we decided to have it anyways. It was so good to be with my cousins :)
We had a good time together stuffing our faces and then napping afterwards..
We really might have been able to sleep if people would've stopped taking pictures of us..
After we all ate and visited for a while, we cleaned up and headed home. I hung out with my mediate family at home for a while and we watched How to Train Your Dragon. If you haven't seen that movie- go see it! I love it! And you just might want a pet dragon when you finish.. anyways, it was fun to hang out with them before a night of misery started..
Ok, so misery might be a little too over the top to describe my Black Friday experience. It started out fun but definitely ended in me not enjoying life and just wanting sleep. So I let my friends talk me into going shopping with them. I thought it might be fun and had my past black friday experiences in mind and didn't think it would be that bad.. I guess it all comes down to me not believing them when they said they were shopping all night long.. So it started at 9pm at Fashion Place and ended when I got home at 7am. So you can imagine my misery after 10 hours of shopping when I don't even like one hour! No, it wasn't all that bad until about 4:30 when I really decided I was done and tried sleeping in the car while everyone else continued to shop.
We got our faces painted before leaving Fashion Place. That might have been the highlight of my night.. haha
So after getting home at 7 in the morning, I pretty much slept all day Friday. I woke up and showered and when I went upstairs, my mom started talking about getting ready for the missionaries to come over for dinner. That was weird. Who wants to think of dinner only a couple hours after waking up? haha so the missionaries came over for dinner and I was my awkward self again. I just feel like I can't talk to missionaries since they are my age. So it was a long two hours. After dinner I went out hung out with my old friends from Olympus. We went and saw the lights at Temple Square which is always a good time. It was super cold though so we didn't last long. Just enough time to make the rounds and then head home to enjoy some hot chocolate and just hang out like the good ol' days.
Sooo Saturday.. what a depressing day.. ugh. I went over to my cousin's house to watch the big game since we don't have cable at my house. It was a big family get together and the first of the game was fairly boring. Then it got intense and retarded. A horrible call by dumb refs plus terrible playing on BYU's part at the very end lead to Utah winning by one point! I just have to point out that BYU out played Utah the entire game and Utah got lucky. And that's all I'm going to say about this game because I've already done enough arguing haha
Today (Sunday) was my cousin Stacey's farewell. I can't believe she is really going. It's going to be crazy with her gone for a year and a half! But it is going to be very good for her :)
And now I should be back in Logan.. but it's snowing. It's been snowing ALL day. So I've decided to try driving in the morning when maybe it'll clear up.
Normally I'd say I love lots of snow like this, but not when I have a trip back to Logan I have to make..
I don't like planning my life around the weather.






No comments:
Post a Comment