CHRISTMAS EVE
Our activities of the night included:
* My Grandparents coming over to join in our big family party.
* A delicious dinner.
* The little ones acting out the nativity scene. Marcie and I decided to get the kids together and find costumes so they could act out the nativity scene. Pretty sure they all looked adorable and I'm so sad I didn't get my camera out for pictures! And I haven't been able to steal them from anyone else yet.. so sorry I can't share them with you. But it was great to have them so excited to dress up and then have my dad read the story from the Bible so that we can really remember why we celebrate Christmas.
* Watching an old home video of my older siblings when they acted out the nativity scene.
* Getting out the chimes to try and play some Christmas songs. The kids did surprisingly well :)
* Eating ice cream sundaes.
* Setting up our beds in the basement. It's always been a tradition for the kids to sleep downstairs in the big bedroom (which is now mine instead of my brothers) so that we can't hear Santa on the roof. Well as you can imagine, my room isn't big enough for 18 people, so we spread all around the basement.
* Opening the gifts we got for our siblings. We only buy for one sibling since buying 7+ gifts gets really pricey.
* Watching Miracle on 34th Street. I love that movie. If only I could've been as smart as that little girl when I was little.
* Getting all the stockings ready and then getting to bed so Santa could come! We've made a new tradition where we all come up with a stocking stuffer to give to each other. This year I made my own bags of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans. I felt pretty clever.
CHRISTMAS DAY
The events of Christmas day include:
* Waking up at about 8 which was surprising. I thought for sure the little kids would wake us up a whole lot earlier than that. But I didn't complain cause I got to sleep longer.
* Watching the kids run into the family room and see all the presents Santa brought is priceless. It's so fun to see how excited they get!
* The morning was just a lot of chaos of everyone opening presents, eating breakfast, and hanging out. My Grandparents came back to spend the day with us.
* My favorite gift I got was my new camera! Now I have a good camera so hopefully I will now take a lot more pictures since I have been lacking good ones lately.
* After my siblings with kids left, Chantell and Jarem brought out Rock Band and we had a lot of fun.. :) (I had a video I was going to show but it won't upload. I mostly wanted to show how great of drum players my grandparents are and how my dad was made for singing in a band.. But I guess the picture down below will just have to do for now.)
* I took a nice 2 hour nap after rocking out and then was lazy the rest of the day. I ended up hanging out with Christal and her boyfriend all night..
And that was my Christmas! I just can't believe it's already over.. But here are some of the few pictures I have from my Christmas weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment