Sunday was an epic day. A day I will never forget. I have to admit it was even better than Saturday.
Now you might ask how can you get much better than Christmas Day?
Well by a day when you get a chance to shake the Prophet's hand of course!
It's funny because as I've been reading the Work and the Glory, I've thought about what it must've been like to live next door to the Prophet and to have been his friend like he was to so many. To live in the same neighborhood as him where you could be walking down the street and run into him. It would be wonderful!
Well yesterday I got to go to President Monson's home ward and hear him speak. I was amongst those people that do live down the street from the Prophet. And even though it's not the same and he isn't there as often since he's busy traveling the world and what not but they still know him. They still can walk by his house. I don't know, I find it pretty awesome, and it's something I've been thinking a lot about lately. But I guess I am at least thankful that I do live in Utah and that I do have those opportunities to go and hear the Prophet speak in person and shake his hand.
It's an experience I won't ever forget!
And I may or may not wash my hand ever again.. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment