CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Day 4, London, England (Monday, August 11)

I don't think I'm going to sleep much on this trip. I just hope that it doesn't get me sick! We didn't have a super early morning, but we had Buckingham Palace tour tickets at 9:30, so we were up by 7 to shower and get there on time. 


Buckingham Palace was amazing! Obviously we only saw parts of it, but it was so cool to walk through a palace. And not just any palace. The palace of the Queen of England! I kept trying to imagine living there. Books I've read about being in palaces kept going through my mind. It would be unreal to live that way. It was cool to also get a history of the royal line. We all thought Prince William was next in line and didn't even realize it was actually his father Prince Charles. We had figured the bloodline went through Princess Di since she was so beloved and you don't hear anything about Prince Charles. I guess people don't really like him that much. 

We weren't able to take pictures inside so at the end of the tour we took advantage of taking pictures of the back of the palace. 




Seriously, that place is amazing! 

We walked back around to the front of the palace to witness the changing of the guards. What we didn't realize was how many people actually show up for this! It was crazy crowded so we weren't able to get a decent spot. But it was still pretty cool from what I did see. 




Once it finished, we walked towards Big Ben and just toured more of the city. Goodness this place is beautiful. Once again, I have more pictures taken on my camera of the landscape. 








It rained a little on us again at this point so we made our way to a cafe for some lunch. What we all ordered ended up being like sandwiches you would make for children going to school. But they still tasted great. The best part about lunch though, was watching these two girls flirt with a group of guys. Watching them laugh super loud and write their numbers on napkins was quite the entertainment. 

After we ate, we all decided we needed a little break from all the walking we've been doing. So we headed back to the hostel and ended up taking naps. I hadn't planned on sleeping, but I succumbed to the exhaustion. When we all woke up, we got ready and headed back into the city to meet up with Liz's dad, who happened to be here at the same time with his tour group, to eat dinner and see Les Mis. 




Les Mis was amazing!! I absolutely love this play. Beautiful story, beautiful music. I get the chills every time. This one was a little raunchy- could have done without a few things. But you can't expect it to be as clean here in London as it was at the Hale Theatre. I'm not in Utah anymore! 

It was another great day spent in London. I love this city! We only have one more day here before we move on to Barcelona!

Tomorrow: London day 3

No comments: