Lately I find myself complaining about life and the hardships it brings. I tend to only think about myself and think "poor me" or "why me." I forget that I am not the only one with trials, that people have gone through much worse and that there are things to be learned from them.
The past two weeks in Sunday school we have been learning about Joseph in Egypt. He went through many trials- his brothers hated him, being sold, being tempted by Potiphars wife, getting thrown into prison. He suffered a great deal but never gave up and was blessed in the end. He had those trials to learn from and to get him where he needed to be in life.
Last week I had the opportunity to go and see the Joseph Smith movie at the Legacy Theater and was definitely humbled. I absolutely love that movie and it always makes me realize how much easier my life is compared to his. I haven't had to have surgery without pain medication. I haven't had to pick up and move because mobs of angry people threatened my life. I haven't been tarred and feathered. My trials don't even begin to compare.
Then there is Jesus who we all know suffered everything. He suffered for our sins and felt every trial/pain imaginable.
The Lord knows what is best for us. He may cut us down and send trials our way but they have a purpose. They are for us to learn from and in the end will do us good. D&C 122: 7.
I do have trials in my life and I do learn from them. But I first have to realize I really don't have it too bad. My trials are nothing compared to what others go through. And then instead of asking "why me" ask "what can I learn from this to make me a better person?"
A girl in class today said the quote "come what may and love it" and I've decided that I will live by that quote. Whatever trials I have, I will accept them and love them because I know that in the end I will look back and realize all the trials I had were just blessings getting me where I needed to be.
1 comment:
ok. I love this post. You're amazing, thank you so much. Love you! Let's play this week!
Post a Comment