CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 8, 2010

My "crazy fun" Weekend

In my last post when I said that my weekend would be "crazy fun"- I wasn't lying. It was.

Friday night was my date with Tyler which was actually my first date ever up here in Logan. I've just never been asked out before. Then ironically enough- I had also gotten asked out for Saturday night by a kid from my swing dancing class but I actually said no to him because of the game. Funny how that works though. I've been up here almost two years now and have never gone on a date (by someone I met up here- excluding Landon because even though I did meet him up here, he doesn't go to school here) and I get asked out twice in one week. Is it a sign that I need to date more? Maybe it's supposed to help me get over Landon faster. If it's the latter, then that would be lovely. I hate missing him. So the sooner I get over him the better right?
Anyways.. back to my date.. Tyler is a good friend that I met last semester in institute and is now in 3 out of my 5 classes this semester- he is also going into accounting- so we've hung out a lot lately to do homework together. It's been good to have someone help me understand what is going on. So anyways, Friday night he picked me up and we went to the Olive Garden and ate. It was good to actually talk to him and get to know him without the main conversation being about accounting, economics, or stats. After dinner we just went back to his apartment and hung out the rest of the night. It was nice and relaxing so it was fun. We watched the movie Forever Strong because I hadn't seen it yet. His roommate and some neighbors joined us so technically it didn't seem like a date after we finished dinner, but it's not like I cared. It was fun- and made it less awkward.
I'd say my first date in Logan was a success!

Saturday was the last Aggie basketball game of the season and boy was it a good game! After the waiting in the Spectrum hanging out with friends and taking many pictures, the game finally started. It was intense and full of lots of cheering. I'm surprised I still have my voice. I did get on KSL 5 news once too. (If you want to watch it- go here - it'll be toward the end- about 6 minutes in). Once the game ended, we rushed the court which was super fun. It's one of the times that being short really sucks because I was surrounded by many tall people that were sweaty and it's just not a good height to be at. I almost lost my shoes a couple times but it was too fun to pass up. Can't say I've ever experienced anything like it before so I was stoked.


(The faces are in tribute of the senior Jared Quayle)

After the game, we went back to the guys' apartment and hung out there the rest of the night. We had a fun little toast tribute with sparkling cider and plastic champagne glasses to a great season of waiting in line and getting front row seats. Some of us went and got free cinna stixs from Dominoes which were super yummy and then we just sat around all night. We were all tired from the lack of sleep we had the night before so even though I wanted to have a dance party, we just sat there and ended up watching the Office.

So yes. My weekend was "crazy fun." And normally I'd say I'm sad that the weekend is over, but I'm glad- only because it means it's that much closer to spring break! Now even though I'm not going anywhere over the break, I at least get to go home and be with my family. :)

No comments: