Yesterday a hurricane hit the Milne house. A hurricane of 17 kids running around and destroying the house: I had the great opportunity to watch 17 kids for a little more than 6 hours. Oh man, talk about CRAZY! I'm kind of surprised I am still alive and sane.
My cousin got married yesterday and of course being the great person I am (ha) I accepted the role of babysitting all the grandkids. I love babysitting so I thought no big deal- it will be fun. Now don't get me wrong, it was fun, but also SUPER exhausting. So exhausting in fact that after they were finally all gone I fell asleep while eating a popsicle! Ok so I actually had finished the popsicle and was chewing on the stick when I fell asleep, but still..
I've got to say thanks to Marcie though- without her help throughout the day, I probably would've gone insane trying to keep up with all those kids at once! Seriously, those kids had SO much energy and were all over the house. How can you keep up with them while also keeping an eye on 3 kids around the age of 2? Believe me- it's hard. But somehow I managed and no one got into any trouble. I didn't even have to cope with any crying babies/kids. I was actually pretty lucky with how good they all behaved because I know it could've been SO much worse.
But now that it is over- I may need a little break from babysitting.
What do you think? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment