CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

St. Geezy

A sudden trip to St. George with three great friends of mine was just what I needed! It was nice and relaxing and also let me do a little soul searching.
We left on Friday after enjoying some great Dutch oven cooking at the Jr. High- such a great tradition :)- and made it to St. George in good time for Brooke Ellen and Lindsay to register and get their things for their triathlon (the reason for the trip to St. George in the first place- they signed up to do an Olympic relay triathlon). They were freaking out the whole time seeing all these legit people that have done triathlons many times and also when we drove around the courses they'd be swimming biking and running. After all that we made our way to Lindsay's condo and got settled in. We didn't do too much that night- just relaxed and read some triathlon magazines and then went to bed so we could wake up early and get to the triathlon in time.
So Saturday was the day of the triathlon. We woke up early and got to the place where I had to be separated from them. I wasn't allowed in the transition area so I made my way to sit on some rocks all by myself. I was a little worried that it was going to be super boring and lame by myself for 4 hours but it turned out all right. I was only alone for that first maybe 30 minutes of being there-until after Lindsay swam- then I was able to walk around with both Ellen and Lindsay while Brooke was off biking. We were worried Brooke's bike was going to break down but then all of a sudden she was done- earlier than anticipated- so Ellen had to book it to the transition area so she could start running. It was pretty funny. Then Ellen ran and finished the race making their time around 2 hours and 50 minutes. They did it! They freaked out for nothing- they were totally fine and had no problems at all! So after the race, they wanted to reward themselves with some yummy food- Cafe Rio and Nielsens Frozen Custard. Mmm so good! We went back to the condo to eat our food while watching How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days- gotta love that movie :) I think I quote it ALL the time haha- and then we slept for maybe 3 hours. Naps are the greatest. So finally around 8 we woke up and the others finally showered and got ready and then we went and hung out with some friends that Brooke knew down there. We just talked and watched Sherlock Holmes- another great movie- and then it was back to the condo to go back to sleep.
Sunday was a nice relaxing day. We woke up and went to church and then came back and thought about taking naps again but Ellen was the only one that actually slept. Brooke and I just read and Lindsay was on her computer. We then were invited to lunch at Lindsay's sister's sister-in-laws place. We hung out there for a couple hours playing with her little kids and eating delicious food. It was a lot of fun. We then just went back to the condo and sat around being lazy once again. We took another nap- can you tell we like to sleep? haha and then I read most of the night until it was bed time again.
Monday was the day I finally got to sleep in- not that I really needed the sleep cause it's not like I hadn't slept ALL weekend- but it still felt good. We spent some time playing tennis and laid out by the pool- a better way to nap- might as well get some sun while sleeping right? After a couple hours there we went back to the condo and ate some lunch, cleaned up and then packed and made our way to Kanarraville where we wanted to do a hike to some waterfalls. That was a very fun experience. First we had to get directions from a lady with the sickest mullet hahaha and then the hike was entertaining with having to cross a river many times. Towards the end we were all freezing and I had a pretty good cut/bruise on my shin- but it was definitely worth it. It was a great way to end the trip. We then made our way to Brooke's grandma's house where we quickly got out of our wet cold clothes and made some sandwiches for the ride home. We made it safely back in Murray at 11 pm where the first thing I did was get on my computer. Can you say addicted?
Now I mentioned that I did some soul searching during this trip. This is because I finally came to the conclusion that I am so negative towards myself. I assume I am going to fail at things before I even give them a chance. I have a hard time trying new things for fear that I will fail. Take the triathlon for example. Seeing them do it made me really want to do it but before I really could let myself think about it I automatically came to the conclusion that I could never do it so why even try. I have a hard time playing sports or new games or pretty much doing anything because I just assume I will fail or be no good. It's like I have this need to be good at everything so if theres even a chance I'll be bad, I don't want to try. I don't want to make a fool out of myself. I fear peoples judgement too so I act before anyone else can- by saying I suck so badly. Why do I do this to myself? I worry too much about how good or bad I'll be at something instead of just realizing I could have so much fun trying! So from here on out I am going to try to be more positive about myself and allow myself to TRY things without worrying about failing or not. It's going to be hard, but I know I need to work on it to have a better self-esteem.
So the trip was a success- I had a ton of fun and learned I need to be positive. :)
I would post pictures but Brooke took most of them so if I ever get them from her I will put them up. But now I'm back home and I should probably go get some things done..

No comments: